Three open SC positions and the Chair position becoming vacant
According with the IGeLU Statute we will have to renew a part of the IGeLU Steering Committee during the next IGeLU meeting in Prague.
We have 3 official vacant SC member positions this year and a the Chair position to become vacant:
- Naomi Greidinger – University of Haifa, Israel [2012-2014; 2014-2016; 2016-2018] is at the end of her office terms. According with the Statute, Naomi is at the end of her mandate and cannot be elected for a new term.
- Theo Engelman – Utrecht University, Netherlands – [2012-2014; 2015; 2015-2018] is at the end of his first term as IGeLU Chair. Theo has decided not to stand for re-election so IGeLU needs to elect a new Chair for the term 2018-2021.
- Dave Allen – State Library of Queensland, Australia [2014-2016; 2016-2018] is at the end of his second term. Dave is candidate for the open position of IGeLU Chair
- Tracey Clarke – University of Sheffield, UK – [2015-2017; 2017-] is stepping down midterm. Tracey needs to step down for personal reasons.
The voting procedure will take place at the 13th IGeLU Annual Meeting in Prague (Czech Republic), during the Assembly of Members.
The institutions that are not planning to send their representatives to the Assembly of Members will be able to act their vote by proxy (a specific message will be sent in the due time).
If you wish to present your candidacy or you would like to propose a candidate from an IGeLU member Institution, please feel free to contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org preferably before or at the Annual Meeting. The candidates will be asked to present themselves during the Assembly with the help of a few slides.
Candidates already volunteering
At the moment, I received the following candidacies and proposals:
For the open Chair position:
- Dave Allen – State Library of Queensland, Australia is candidate for the open position of IGeLU Chair
For the open Steering Committee positions:
- Jone Thingbø – BIBSYS Consortium, Norway is candidate for one of the open positions of Steering Committee member
- Maribel Alvarado – Catholic University of Chile, Chile is candidate for one of the open positions of Steering Committee member
- Cindy Greenspun – Yale University, USA is candidate for one of the open positions of Steering Committee member
On looking forward to hear from you. Best regards,
On behalf of the IGeLU SC