Following ELUNA 2018, the Voyager WG said goodbye to Suzanne Picken (Washington Research Library Consortium) and welcomed Jennifer Masciadrelli (Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois). Jennifer’s departure from the VWG at the end of 2018, following CARLI’s move from Voyager to Alma, left an open position that was filled in February 2019 by Wendy Crist (Arkansas State University). The VWG will be recruiting for an IGeLU member after ELUNA 2019, so if you are interested in joining or know someone who is, please reach out to the VG chair, Antonella Ward
Community Knowledge Area:
Our group is currently working on sorting through all available content previously housed in EL Commons, to determine what is still relevant and current. This content will soon be migrated into the new Voyager Community Knowledge area. In the meantime, if you would like to share your own expertise with Voyager workflows, or if you have developed a specific workaround to a known issue, please consider contributing an article to the Voyager Community Knowledge area.
There are three ways to contribute to the Community Knowledge section:
- If you already have access to the Ex Libris Customer Portal, you can use the tab called “Community Knowledge” within the portal to submit articles;
- You can request a Community Knowledge-only access by filling out this form;
- You can submit your article(s) via email (article must be in the body of your email).
Voyager Release Updates:
Voyager 10.2 is currently in development and is planned for release in late 2019 (targeting Q3).
The main enhancements in 10.2 are:
- Optional warning message in clients when closing the module
- Display title on Quick Line Item window for invoices when editing
- Purge patron info from circ history based on transaction age
- Display message in Sys Admin when trying to deselect location used in a ledger in Acq
- Display warning if patron default dates are in the past
- Provide an option for printing receipts when renewing items from the Charged Items index
- Display the index column in search results in WebVoyage (Tomcat)
- Provide account/profile option that allows only changing of Voyager user account passwords
- Update MARC tag tables and subject thesaurus codes with changes since 10.1