2021 current round for Annual Enhancements
We have just concluded our initial voting round, which comprised 98 Votable submissions for the member community to consider and prioritise votes. We had an absolutely stellar result with almost 52,000 votes submitted, which is 15,000 more than in 2020. Our member engagement continues to grow year on year, and it’s wonderful to see that this key member benefit is being so well utilised, so that we also have a clear voice for desired Primo improvements to take to Ex Libris.
We will take this opportunity again to express thanks to the entire Enhancements Team, from both the IGeLU and ELUNA Primo Working Groups, who worked collaboratively over several weeks before the voting round, to review submissions and prepare the ballot.
We are now into a short review period by the Primo WG Enhancements Team, and then the list will be sent to Ex Libris Primo Product Management for scoping and assigning of development points to the top voted submissions. The timeline for 2021 dates are available here: https://igelu.org/archives/13465
2020 Enhancements Update
For progress of our successful requests from last year, there are a few items being delivered soon:
- Coming in the May 2021 Release for Primo via Back Office: Fix indexing of words with hyphens (e.g. hand-book, etc.) #4457
- Coming in the June 2021 Release for Primo VE: Add 505$t to Primo VE TOC and Title indexes #6552 (n/a for Primo via Back Office, as this is the choice of the site to configure if they wish)
You can keep track of progress via our Primo enhancements log here: https://igelu.org/products/primo/primo-enhancements
- We worked with members of the Primo MARC Advisory Group and our ELUNA Primo WG colleagues to provide feedback by request to Ex Libris Primo Product Management on customer requests to change Primo VE hardcoded mapping for some key bibliographic data. This was a welcome request from Ex Libris to the Primo WG, which was also a follow up to our Primo MARC Advisory Group Report, as a point of community collaboration and with the risk assessment of any changes being mandatory for Primo VE sites
- We’ve raised several items with Ex Libris Primo Product Management for discussion and advocacy for the community, including request for information and transparency on the impact of EDI initiatives on Primo environments globally, the issue of not-yet-complete rollout of OAS for local Primo sites, and the need for both institutional configuration and personalised configuration options for individuals in the area of retention of private data
- We continue to work with Ex Libris Primo Product Management, our ELUNA Primo WG colleagues, and the community on the important item of angularjs end-of-support in 2021. In recent weeks we hosted an open community discussion on 19th March, attended by over 65 community members. We have provided a summary of key items from that discussion to Ex Libris, soon also to be shared with the community, and we’re working together towards next steps with our strong developer community
Stacey van Groll – Coordinator, IGeLU Primo Working Group