From March 20 to 23 the IGeLU SC visited St. Petersburg to check the conference venues and have meetings with the local organizing committee for our upcoming conference in September.
These visits are vital to boost the conference organization and discuss many details with the hosting institute.
More news on the conference is published elsewhere in this News in Brief.
The SC also uses the visit to have internal meetings and a full afternoon meeting with Ex Libris executives on many strategic items.
At our internal meeting we discussed items like:
- Internal organisation SC, re-elections this year.
- Conference mobile App and costs
- Status of all Working Groups
- Lists migration
- Financial situation of IGeLU
- Expansion of customer base representation
- Preparation of meeting with Ex Libris
- Preparation of meeting with Local organizing team
Our meeting with Ex Libris was good, we discussed a lot of topics like;
- Further integration of (former) ProQuest products and customers
- Content Operations and Knowledge Bases
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Alma UX
- Primo<>Alma integration
- PCI issues and location
- Future plans of Ex Libris
- Collaboration and communication
A more detailed report of the meetings will be shared with the Working Group coordinators.
– Theo Engelman
Chair (IGeLU Steering Committee)