Four open SC positions
According with the IGeLU Statute we will have to renew a part of the IGeLU Steering Committee during the next IGeLU meeting in St. Petersburg.
We have 4 official vacant positions this Year, due to the fact that:
- The General Assembly last year in Trondheim decided to expand the SC to 6 members besides the Chair
- Tracey Clarke – University of Sheffield, UK – [2015-2017]
- Shameem Nilofar Maideen – Singapore University – [2015–2017]
- Mark Dehmlow – University of Notre Dame, USA – [2012-2013; 2013-2015; 2015-2017]
are at the end of their office terms.
According with the Statute, both Tracey and Shameem are re-eligible for another term, where Mark is at the end of his mandate and cannot be elected for a new term.
The voting procedure will take place at the 12th IGeLU Annual Meeting in St.Petersburg (Russia), during the Assembly of Members.
The institutions that are not planning to send their representatives to the Assembly of Members will be able to act their vote by proxy (a specific message will be sent in the due time).
If you wish to present your candidacy or you would like to propose a candidate from an IGeLU member Institution, please feel free to contact me by email Guido.Badalamenti@unisi.it, preferably before or at the Annual Meeting. The candidates will be asked to present themselves during the Assembly with the help of a few slides.
We specifically invite customers from the Summon/360 products to step forward and fill at least one open position.
Candidates already volunteering
At the moment, I received the following candidacies and proposals:
- Tracey Clarke – University of Sheffield, UK
- Shameem Nilofar Maideen – Singapore University
- Ken Herold – Adelphi University, New York, USA
- Christian Haenger – Mannheim University, Germany
Georg Mayr-Duffner – Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien, Austria(Withdrawn by candidate)
On looking forward to hear from you. Best regards,
Guido Badalamenti; Guido.Badalamenti@unisi.it
On behalf of the IGeLU SC