Starting January 1 2018 the former independent Rosetta User Group has joined IGeLU and ELUNA to form a joint Working Group. The purpose and role of the Rosetta Working Group, however, remains the same:
- To provide a forum for information sharing, discussion and collaborative analysis and assessment of the development of Rosetta.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to Ex Libris to ensure that development of Rosetta is aligned with current international best practice for digital preservation.
- Ensure Rosetta development continues to meet the needs of the Rosetta user community and potential new customers.
- Expand collaboration within the Rosetta community, as well as with other digital preservation practitioners.
The Rosetta Working Group currently has 3 subgroups to manage the enhancement and development of specific aspects of shared operational practice.
- Format Library & Digital Preservation Working Group – focuses on issues relating to the format library function of Rosetta and practices of long-term digital preservation and digital archiving. Jointly led by Jan Hutar, Archives New Zealand and Micky Lindlar, German National Library of Science & Technology.
- Delivery & Integrations Working Group – focuses on issues related to traditional ideas of digital asset management such as delivery and access rights. Led by James Williamson, SMU (Southern Methodist University) , USA
- Systems Operation Working Group – focus on issues relating to the way Rosetta operates and how data moves through the system. Led by Aaron Williams, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
If you are interested in participating in any of the above groups, please contact the relevant group lead. You can also join the Rosetta Discussion list .
The Rosetta Working Group holds an annual meeting, the purpose of which is to exchange user experiences and foster collaboration across the Rosetta community. Records of past meetings are available on the Rosetta Working Group wiki.
The 2021 meeting, was held in June (virtually due to the Coronavirus (COVID 19) situation).
The Rosetta Working Group is led by Teresa Soleau, J. Paul Getty Trust and the Deputy Coordinator position is vacant..
The IGeLU Steering Committee liaison officer is Dave Allen from the State Library of Queensland (AUS), and the ELUNA Steering Committee liaison officer is John Greer from the University of Montana (US).